Amelia Beard is the Managing Attorney of Moorhead Law Group’s Santa Rosa Beach, Florida office. Her practice includes all aspects of real estate transactions and disputes; probate and estate planning; business formation; and civil litigation.
Amelia is highly involved in the legal profession through service to the Florida Bar and local bar organizations. Currently, Amelia serves as Secretary of the Civil Procedure Rules Committee of The Florida Bar and Vice-Chair of the Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee of The Florida Bar. She is a fellow of the Florida Bar’s Wm. Reese Smith Leadership Academy, Class VII, and a member of the First Circuit Bench & Bar Professionalism Committee. Previously, Mrs. Beard served two terms as President of the Walton County Bar Association. Amelia is an advisor to the board of SOF Missions, a non-profit organization that provides veteran resources and assistance for warriors struggling with PTSD and challenges from military service.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Amelia worked in the mortgage industry, both in originations and servicing and for a non-profit community development association in Atlanta, Georgia. Her experience in the real estate and mortgage banking industry is extensive.
Amelia moved to Walton County, Florida from Atlanta, Georgia after meeting her husband, a Green Beret formerly with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) and now with the 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne). They have two sons and no free time.
- Clark Partington, July 2019-July 2021
- McCalla Raymer Leibert & Pierce, April 2015-June 2019
- Morris Hardwick Schneider, April 2010-April 2015
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A., 2009-2010
Community and Bar Involvement
- SOF Missions, Advisor to the Board of Directors
- General Counsel to Freeport Merchant’s Association
- Volunteer Attorney Ad Litem in Walton County Circuit Court, Dependency Division (Feb. 2018- Present)
- 1st Circuit Bench/Bar Professionalism Committee, Member since 2017
- Civil Procedure Rules Committee, The Florida Bar, Member since 2020; 2021-2022 Secretary
- Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee, The Florida Bar, Member since 2016; 2019-2022 Vice-Chair
- Military & Veterans Affairs Committee, The Florida Bar, 2021-2024
- Walton County Bar Association, Member since 2016; Past President 2017 and 2018
- Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association, Member since 2019
- 1st Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B”, 2018-2019
- Member of Florida Bar Sections for Business Law Section; City, County & Local Govt Law; Elder Law; Environmental & Land Use Law; and Real Property, Probate & Trust
- Zeta Tau Alpha, Former National Officer
- U.S. Bank v. Roseman, 214 So.3d 728 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017) (reversing involuntary dismissal entered before Plaintiff mortgagee completed its presentation of evidence and held that placement of undated blank endorsement on the note after a copy of the note was attached to mortgagee’s verified foreclosure complaint did not affect the authenticity or admissibility of the note)
- April Swift – Florida Registered Paralegal
- Allison Cavin – Legal Assistant
- Mari Martin-Vegue – Legal Assistant
- Malani Robinson – Legal Assistant