Stephen Moorhead, Board-Certified In Real Estate Law For 25 Years
Feb 6, 2018 - Firm News by Moorhead Real Estate Law Group
Stephen Moorhead first received his board certification in real estate law in 1992 and was recently re-certified for an additional 5 years.
Florida offers 26 specialty areas for board certification, more than any other state. Of the lawyers eligible to practice law in Florida, 7 percent – approximately 4,800 Florida lawyers – have earned board certification. A lawyer who is a member in good standing of The Florida Bar and who meets the standards prescribed by the state’s Supreme Court may become board certified in one or more of the 25 certification fields. Minimum requirements for certification are listed below; each area of certification may contain higher or additional standards.
- Practice law for a minimum of five years.
- Demonstrate substantial involvement in the field of law for which certification is sought.
- Pass satisfactory peer review of competence in the specialty field as well as character, ethics, and professionalism in the practice of law.
- Satisfy the certification area’s continuing legal education requirements.
- Receive a passing grade on the examination required of all applicants or meet strict criteria to exempt the exam.
Board certification is valid for five years, during which time the attorney must continue to practice law and attend Florida Bar-approved continuing legal education courses. To be recertified, lawyers must meet requirements similar to those for initial certification. Not all qualified lawyers are certified, but those who are board-certified have taken extra steps to have their competence and experience evaluated.
The attorneys at Moorhead Real Estate Law Group have been serving the Northwest Florida area since 1988. The firm has been AV® rated by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, which is the highest possible designation for legal services and ethical standards. The firm has a convenient downtown office: 127 Palafox Place. For more information, visit Moorhead Real Estate Law Group.